New South Wales TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
DETAILED SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING for LARGE HAILSTONES, FLASH FLOODING and DAMAGING WIND
For people in parts of the
Sydney Metropolitan area.
Issued at 2:09 pm Wednesday, 30 March 2011.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 2:05 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on weather radar near Badgerys Creek, Camden, Cobbity and Oran Park.
These thunderstorms are moving towards the east.
They are forecast to affect Campbelltown, Erskine Park, Holsworthy and Horsley Park by 2:35 pm and Parramatta, Sutherland, Sydney Olympic Park and Liverpool by 3:05 pm.
Large hailstones, very heavy rainfall, flash flooding and damaging winds are likely.
48 knot gust reported at Camden AWS at 2:00pm.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don’t walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 3:10 pm.
Jono… i know it’s you, and now everyone else does…
… and thats why i’m on Tumblr…
Thanks Jono… you smell too